History and what we have accomplished:
• In 2011 Help Tibetan Nuns was founded and began to raise funds for a medical center in Tibet.
• In 2015 we donated $150,000 for the expansion and construction of naturally occurring spring-fed healing pools at Thrangu Nunnery in Tibet. Very popular with the locals, the Olympic-sized pool is a source of income for the nunnery.
• In 2017 we gifted $50,000 to five Himalayan nunneries for education, medicine, and construction.
• In 2018 we accomplished the following:
• A large gift was made to a nunnery in Sikkim for construction of housing, classrooms, and a shrine.
• At Thrangu Nunnery in Tibet, a nun who had been diagnosed with advanced tuberculosis, a life threatening disease, was brought to a hospital in Beijing and has since made vast improvements towards regaining her health.
• And in April 2019 funds were raised for the first Karma Kagyu nunnery built in India at Tilokpur in Himachal Pradesh, which will be used for education and food.
• We are looking to raise $300,000 to build a small medical clinic at Thrangu Nunnery in Tibet, and to offer medical supplies to several Himalayan nunneries in order to treat TB and other diseases endemic to these areas.
• We are looking to raise $70,000 for a suitable bus to transport the nuns on the mountainous roads in Yushu. They almost had a deadly accident this year in their old rickety bus with its small tires.
Help Tibetan Nuns, Inc. is a non-profit organization created by U.S. supporters of Thrangu Kong Jo Sherab Ling Nunnery, an affiliate of Thrangu Monastery in Kham, Eastern Tibet. All monetary gifts are fully tax-deductible under the law. Donations may be made to Help Tibetan Nuns, Inc., Fed Tax I.D. 81-4412684, and mailed to: Help Tibetan Nuns, Inc., P.O. Box 1600, Cotuit MA 02635. Or to donate online, use the donate button on the right.